Monday, September 24, 2012

Train

Thursday I had the opportunity to attend my first real concert in Salt Lake City for one of my favorite bands: Train. I had been planning this since August when I found out they were coming to Utah, but as it got closer to the allotted date, I found myself without a ride there (#firstworldproblems). Luckily, thanks to a last minute post on Facebook, I was able get the assistance of my friend Brice. We hadn't seen one another in many moons, so I was really excited to spend the time with him.



We met up on Thursday at 5:30 and headed up to SLC where we met up with my old friends Rebecca and Stephen Bowzer. It was so much fun to spend the night in not good, but great company. Distance sometimes makes you forget how much fun you have with certain people. I laughed 90% of the time (I spent the other 10% of the night trying not to pass out or contract some unknown disease from the mass amounts of bodies pressed together infront of the stage).



Brice and I were a little late, so Stephen and Becca saved us a spot about 20 feet away from the stage. You would think that would be a really awesome seat, but people have yet to create a rule that keeps 6-foot-somethings from dominating the front rows of the audience. Basically I only got to see the singers every 10-15 minutes (exaggeration there, but it was still pretty ridiculous). I am still incredibly grateful for the opportunity to attend the concert though.

The line up for the night was awesome. Andy Grammer started us off, which was pretty cool because I knew a few of his songs, but for the most part he was unimportant to me. He had this smirk on his face the whole time that just made me want to punch him after about 10 seconds of looking at him. Aside from the obvious fact that he was in love with himself (and rightly so, I guess. He has a great voice), I enjoyed him.


That face.



Then came Mat Kearney. Ugh, he has the voice of an angel. Man that man can sing. I was really excited to hear him, so it was a little nerve racking when he hopped on the stage for his first number, and no sound came from the mic. I'm not even kidding. There was smoke and flashing lights and screeching guitars, Mat comes running on to the stage with a big smile, steps up to the mic- and nothing. I mean, you could hear the guitars, but not Mat.... which was weird. It was even more weird that it took him like half way through the song to realize that it was happening (but I guess that had something to do with the deafening roar of his adoring fans). Talk about bad first impressions... haha. After he figured it out, he started the song over, and it was great from there. He even came out into the crowd like 2 feet away from me and was almost mobbed.


Such a stud.


So close, yet so far away.


He was looking right at me in this one.

Finally Train came out. Oh how I love them. They were just so much fun!





We weren't too far away.

Can you find me? My full face is in view.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to see if any of these people are on Spotify. I have never heard of any of the three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! So jealous. I wanted to go so bad.

    ReplyDelete