Monday, September 10, 2012

One Thing, Two Things, Fun Things, New Things!

I moved into a new house this semester with Marie, a god friend of mine I've known for a few years now. I was a little skeptical at first since 180 a month for a house 5 minutes from campus just seemed too good to be true, but then I actually move in.

The house is small. And when I say small, I'm not talking general apartment size small... I'm talking box small. Like someone bought a big flat screen TV and decided that the box it came in would make good housing for 3 poor college students, small. 

This made me super nervous at first, because I didn't know the other girl that I was moving in with, and not knowing the girls in the past hasn't always quite worked out for me (hemhem idaho). God was smiling down on me at this point in time, because I am living with two great girls. 

Saturday was a hard day for me. This whole weekend was off the wall crazy, and both of my sweet roommates were there to make sure that I didn't do something drastic, like eat a whole gallon of ice cream, alone, in my room. 

We decided to have a girls-night-out on Saturday since I couldn't make it to a social I had really been looking forward to that week. We walked up to campus, missed the HumorU show and went to a soccer game instead. 



There I ran into someone who I had been on a 'date' with earlier that week (woo-hoo!) and Marie and Janine had an encounter with a guy we now dub '3x5-Blanket-Man', All one word. 

The game was packed, and the two of them went to find seats while I talked to my friend some more. They found this perfect place by the goal infront of a man with his three-year-old son who were sitting on, guess what, a 3x5 blanket! 



When they sat down, the man was like "Uhm, are you sitting there?", which is really just the passive agressive way to say "movenowkthx". So instead of being assertive (which we're working on), Maries was like "Noo.... we're just scoping out the place...". Then they left. 

Since we ended up not being able to find any seats, we just decided to go to Brick Oven which was just down the street. 




On Sunday, we decided that since we live in a cubical, separate from the world of Condo Row, We'd invite over our cubical neighbors (our house is split into 4 separate houses: ours, two guys housing unitis, and a family house) for dinner! They're all super nice, and It was so much fun. Also, we all looked like models. 




No comments:

Post a Comment