Tuesday, September 4, 2012

100th Posty-post!

I have NO idea what to dedicate this blog post to, BUT I'VE REACHED 100 POSTS!!!

Even Little Face Mitt is proud!

I think I'll dedicate it to telling you about my weekend! I was able to spend time with me other roommate, Janine while Marie was out of town. Let's just say that I am so grateful to be blessed with not one, but two amazing girls to share this house with. Janine is so much fun to spend time with, and she makes me laugh so much! I think that regardless of the fact that we live in a cubical (I'll update you on this later), this semester is going to be one of the best semesters ever. 

Janine and I went hiking up Bridal Veil falls with a few member of our ward. This group included Me, Janine (not pictured), Jacob, Devin, and Anna Marie. 

Devin (in the yellow) brought us brownies after I told him how much I had been craving chocolate that day.

What started off as an innocent hike turned into an expedition up the side of a mountain. Our goal was to find our way to the top of the falls by traipsing up the side of the mountain they cascaded down. It was a lot of fun, and just what I needed after a stressful first week of school. How refreshing it was get get up close and personal with nature and witness the ecosystem surrounding us in Utah. My favorite part was seeing the greenery that bloomed behind the waterfalls. 

Janine and Anna Marie.

As we advanced toward the peak, the trail began to get more difficult. At some points we were edging along sharp drop offs and literally climbing up/down rocky surfaces. It was thrilling and terrifying all st once. I'm am not by any means a rock climber, but it's impressive the things your body will do under high pressure. At one point I climbed out onto the edge of a rocky cliff. 


Getting out there was the easy part, and it was totally worth it! The view was breathtaking. I could see into the canyon for miles in both directions. I could feel my adrenaline coursing through my veins as I was perched on what seemed to be the edge of the world; however, it seemed that I had a bit too much adrenaline, because when it came to getting down from there. I chose to take the most difficult pathway (much to the dismay of my comrades). That experience was probably on of the scariest trials in my life. Never had I felt my life slipping between my fingers like that as when I clung to the crumbling rocks of the cliff I was descending. I made it down safely after about ten minutes of panicked stratagem, and continues our decent down the rest of the mountain. 



We had only made it half way up because of time constraint, but there's no doubt that I will return to that mountain next summer to conquer its summit. 

On the way down, we decided to cool off under the falls. My original intent in doing so was just to get my hair and neck wet so I could get a little of the sweat off. Janine had a much different ending in mind. As I approached the waterfall and turned to pose for our camera, she grabbed me and positioned us beneath the tumbling gallons of freezing water. 



No comments:

Post a Comment