Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

For Thanksgiving this year, I went up to Kaysville, UT to visit Bubba and Linda. Bubba is one of my dad's brothers, and then one of their sister's, Franny, and her husband and son came out here as well. Kirk just got back from a two year mission for the Latter-day Saint church in Wisconsin and will be attending BYU in the winter with me (!) so they moved him into his new apartment on Saturday.


It was so good to get out of town and spend time focusing on something other than school. It was almost like I was removed from my life for 3 days and I was able to laugh and reminisce and just really enjoy myself. It was a great remedy for the homesick blues I've been struggling with lately (16 more days!).


On Thanksgiving, we played around with my uncle's new camera, enjoyed a delicious meal made by my Aunt Linda, and then went and saw 'Puss in Boots' for our annuel T-day movie. It was actually really really funny! Kirk, Zach, and I were laughing so hard in the theater.

Favorite quote from the movie: "I was always there...."












I just love my extended family so much. Whenever we're all together we forget our inside voices and spend most of the time cracking jokes, teasing and laughing. I got a great work out just being under the same roof. While I did miss my family, I was glad I got time to see my extended family, and now that Kirk is out here, I'll have family close by more often.





Such a good Turkey Day :)

On Friday, we went and saw the lights at temple square before getting some dinner.




 Claire drove up later that night and we watched 'Breaking Dawn'. Can I just say... worst movie ever. It was ridiculous. We laughed the whole movie- there was not a thing in there we didn't make fun of, really. My favorite movie quote is when K-Stew asks Pattinson "Can't you tell I'm inexplicably happy?"


I don't know, K-stew. Let's see:

Happy

Sad

Angry

Sexy

Confused

Nauseous

Surprised

Uhmm...

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love the different facial expressions of K Stew. DEAD ON. I have so many things to say about the movie (surprisingly, a couple positives!) but I cannot even think right now. But mostly, I agree! Haha

    ReplyDelete