Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thriller-ific, Spook-tacular, Halloweenie!

Okay, so how many lame riffs on words do I have in this title. Sometimes, I'm just so punny ;) This Halloween was so much fun! I spent most of the weekend dance party hoping with Marie, Kellee, Andrew, and other friends! I got to see Blake and Kendl and just really enjoy myself (now back to the books!). I decided to go as Miley Cyrus (how original) since everyone and their mother likes to remind me that I bare resemblance to the pop star. It was fun- I borrowed a cute dress from Marie, wore some tights, fun 'punk/rock-star' jewelry and made me hair curly/wavy. Most people didn't get it right off the bat, but once I told them who I was every on was like 'OH MYGOSH I SEE IT'.

By far, my favorite activity of the weekend was my contemporary 243 dance class. My teacher had told us to dress up and asked in advance what we wanted to do to celebrate the holiday. Hands down, unanimous vote: learn the Thriller.

Oh yeah. 

We started off class with this ridiculous warm-up that riffed off 80s aerobics videos since my teacher was an 80s girl. I think we got more of a work out laughing at her mock enthusiasm and yelling at us to 'move those hips' and 'burn those buns' than doing the actual warm-up.

We proceeded to learn the world famous dance and then got to perform it for a fellow class of dancers after they did this awesome chance dance with strobe light/fog machine effects. Here's our final video. Silly me got off the timing a bit- I just get so excited doing that monster walk.



I sure love these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment