Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Friend, My Savior

"Because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path so utterly alone, we do not have to do so."
"Now, may I ask that never again will He have to confront sin without our aid and assistance, that never again will He find only unresponsive onlookers when He sees you and me along His Via Dolorosain our present day." 
"May we stand by Jesus Christ “at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in, even until death,” for surely that is how He stood by us when it was unto death and when He had to stand entirely and utterly alone."


I needed this talk. I needed a burning reminder that I am never alone and that I am loved so fiercely by both my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my Father in Heaven. He suffered all things for me so that I could progress and learn and experience the beauty of life here on Earth. He trusted me with a testimony that I have nurtured since I was very young, when it was planted as a seed by two loving parents. Because he stood alone, spotless before the world, I stand by him now and forever. I am on the Lord's side through and through. I will fight for his gospel, I will share his message of unending love and happiness and I will never stand down. 

I know that my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ lives and I know that he loves me. It is because of his selfless sacrifice for me, Bailey, that I stand tall today. It is because he walked that path alone that none of us will ever be without his love or companionship. He is real, as is his love.

This is my testimony which burns within me. I love my friends and family and most importantly I love my Savior. As it says in John 14:23 "I will not leave you comfortless." I pray that any of my dear friends who are struggling with feelings of loneliness and doubt take advantage of the marvelous gift that Christ has fought so hard to give us. Know that not only does he love you, but that I do as well. Know that in the end, all will be made right, for "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33). 

No comments:

Post a Comment