Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Anna Howard Shaw Day! (a.k.a Valentines Day)

This is the best video ever:





On another note, I just read an awesome post about Valentines Day that reminded me to "Choose to be happy, despite the bad things". For 20 years now I've been without a 'significant other' on Valentines Day. True, last year I had a date and it was a lot of fun, but it was a first date, and there were no more to follow (mainly my fault). 

For the longest time I have chosen to be bitter about the fact that I'm always single on this day, and no one's ever going to love me, woe is me, pity pity pity party. This year is going to be different. Even though I will be working from 3-9 (that's one way to focus on something else, right?), I plan on doing things to help me focus on the good things in my life right now.

For example, I made it to Spanish class on time today (although, not making up for it by writing this post during it). I will also go running today because I really need to and I know it will make me feel so much better about myself. I also am going to clean my room and get some writing done. 

While it may not be the most romantic 'to-do' list, it's perfect for me to focus on myself in terms of health and happiness. Today I'm at a point in my life where I'm really happy with myself and the decisions I have made, no matter how hard they were to make, not matter how much I didn't want to make them. 

Love is grand, and one day I'll have it, but I'm feeling pretty good with my Singleness. This Valentines day is definitely going to be the best one yet in terms of loving myself. I'm going to focus on becoming a better Bailey so that one day I can have a Valentines Day with someone, because I can't love someone else if I don't already love me!

So, In the words of the woman I aspire to be (haha): Happy Anna Howard Shaw Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment