Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm Likin' Our Hikin'

So I finally did the 'must-do' hike of BYU-


THE HIKE TO THE 'Y'!!!!!!!

Marcus and I really wanted to go do something outside today because it was actually a nice day after it decided to stop being lame. He finished his last final (I FINISHED MINE YESTERDAY) and then around 6:30, we were dropped off by Kellee and we began our perilous journey up the mountain...


okay, so it wasn't exactly perilous.... but it was cold and windy and the switchbacks killed me.


I had so much fun though, and the end result was so worth it. Because of the weather, we were the only ones up there, which was nice. We enjoyed the beautiful view of Provo/Orem/Springville and ate some snacks we brought along.


After about 30 minutes of violent shivering, we decided to head home.



Rather than call Kellee to come back and pick us up, we kept up with the hiking spirit and walked home... which is about 3 or 4 miles from the trail head. It was really good to just walk though.


We got to enjoy nature and each others company- we even saw some cool wild life.



Conversation is always good with Marcus and we had a good time laughing and talking about how ready we are for Spring and Summer.
Overall, it was a joyous day. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I love my friends (:


1 comment: