Monday, September 13, 2010

Cooking Experience!




Sorry it's taken so long to update my blog! I left my camera cord in Florida and just got the package my mom sent today. What fun is a blog without pictures?

Any way, my existence in Rexburg, Idaho was short lived, and I now reside in lovely Provo, where I will be attending Brigham Young University in January, 2011; however, much occurred in my life since the last update.


For one, I took up cooking! Yeah, me, hater of all things dealing with the oven, am now an avid 'chef'. I guess I needed something to take up my free time I usually spent waiting for Rebecca and Travis to get off work. After calling my mom for some recipes, I headed over to the grocery store to get my ingredients and begin learning to fend for myself.

Among the said recipes was shepherds pie,




black beans and rice,




baked ziti,




beef stroganoff


and spaghetti.


I even invited some friends over to feed them, and often took my leftovers to my neighbors, or fed my roommates.

Such enthusiasm!

[from left to right: Mark, Chris, Travis, Marco, Rebecca]

Look how happy they all are!!


No one complained! Everyone loved my food!! I was so happy to know that I could bring happiness to my friends through food!

Then one day, while meandering through the BYU-Idaho Bookstore, I came across a cookbook entitled 'Sandra Lee: Weeknight Wonders'. Intrigued, I invested the twenty some-odd dollars it cost, and left, hopeful of the future. It wasn't long before I was cooking straight from the book! With the hep of Rebecca and Travis, we cooked a whole new kind of shepherds pie along with a delicious eclair like dessert that we shared with Andrew, one of the Malott's tenants {they manage guys housing}. To my surprise, all four of us thoroughly enjoyed the meal, as did mine and Andrew's roommates!

Unfortunately, I was to caught up in the excitement to remember to take pictures, but I promise that the next time I make dinner, I'll post it!


Beautiful flowers that Mark got me!

Aside from the cooking, I met tons of wonderful people who really helped enhance the BYU-I experience. I miss them all terribly, especially Rebecca and Travis, to whom I am eternally grateful. They have been such a wonderful support system through my trying times away from my family! I love them so much, and cannot WAIT to see them again!!!!

xo-
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment