Monday, September 13, 2010

First Week in Provo, Utah!



This week has been simply AMAZING! I am so happy that I moved to Provo! I can finally be close to some of my best friends!

I got in late Sunday, after a quick reunion in Layton with a mutual friend of Rebecca and I: Malan Berg. It was so goo to see her! She's the cutest thing ever, and I hope that I'll get to see more of her now that I'm out west!

Once that was taken care of, we arrive in Provo around 10:30 pm, and unpacked at Claire's apartment! It was so good to see her! I have missed my best friend so much; a year is just too long! Since that night, we've hung out every day! We even went that same night to see Alice Runmey on her birthday! Another friend that I had missed for too long!



Monday, we went to her grandparent's house and had a wonderful dinner! Her grandparents are so sweet and her family is so much fun! It was a blast playing in the yard with her three cousins {9, 7, & 4; all boys} and just chatting with Beth, her sister, and their Aunt.




After that, I would switch off between Alice and Claire as they went to classes. I even had the chance Tuesday night to see Kendl Hansen and Marshall Gibson!

Saturday, Claire and I went to the Cocoa Bean, a small cafe which specializes in non-cafinated hot drinks and jumbo cupcakes. It was sooo good! I got a mint flavored 'frappe' and a mint chocolate cupcake and Claire got a raspberry cheesecake cupcake! I definitely found a new favorite food shoppe.





I also had the opportunity to meet Elder Christensen, a missionary who served in my ward, 's sister, Marie. She's seriously the sweetest person I have ever met! And she's SO much fun to hang out with!!! She cooked me dinner, and I met her awesome roommates who also were way fun and super nice! After that, we gathered up a few boys from the neighboring apartment and headed over to a country dance where I got thrown around like a sack of potatoes! What an experience! My love for dance was rekindled and I spent the night learning awesome moved with Christen, a boy we invited! He's super funny and super sweet! I'm glad I'm making friends!!

Sunday brought about 'Regional Conference', where my roommates and I {who are super awesome and all graduated} drove up to the Marriott to listen to Elder Holland, Sister Beck, Elder Snow, and President Packer all speak! It was so amazing and spiritually uplifting! It's so interesting to see everyone act so natural about Apostles of the Lord come and visit the campus! That night we listened to Elder Scott give a wonderful fireside on marriage; though, afterwards I felt really single. Two of my roommates have long term boyfriends, so my singularity is often shoved in my face, but I cannot complain. They are super sweet about it and I think I'm really going to like living here!!!

Well, I'll try and take as many pictures as I possibly can now that I'm finally here in Provo! For now, the ones posted are all I have! I've got to go now and see Elder Dunn, or rather, Aaron Dunn since he's off his mission now! How cool is it to see all of these missionaries that served in my ward! Elder Christensen comes home soon as well! I cannot wait to see him!!


xo-
Bailey

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're having fun in provo! i'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bailey! Sounds like a great time. It's a great thing making this blog page. Its all yours and it will go on and on. It's great seeing how your adjusting and meeting up with some old friends. Elder Christensen was one of the elders that came to my home. Give him my love and tell him I will never forget him and Lindly for their kindness. IT was great having them in my corner at such a time in my life after my back surgery. I am so happy to here your loving where you are at. It is great to see your mom and dad have done a wonderful job raising you. WE Conrads are sending you lots of hugs and kisses. Can't wait to hear what happens next. Tyler and Britni Miss you lots! Love ya, Lisa oooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you guys too! And I'll let him know when I see him! Hopefully within the next two or three weeks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete